AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mr. Postar obtained his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, in San Francisco, and was admitted to practice before California and Federal Courts in 1982. He is an associate with the firm specializing in litigation, employment and labor law, and practices as our Litigation Chair. He has significant experience in Wage and Hour, Discrimination, Personal Injury, and State and Federal Civil litigation and Appeals, and he served in the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- California State Bar Association, 2003 to present
- Sacramento County Bar Association, 2003 to present
- Education Law Association
- Pacific Union Converence Seventh-day Adventists Attorneys Association, 2003 to present
- President, Pacific Union Conference Seventh-day Adventist Attorneys Association, 2006 and 2007
Approved defense counsel for: Adventist Risk Management, Inc.
- Pacific Union College, Annual Guest Lecturer for Education Students, 2008 to present, “Issues of School Liability and School-Related Employment Law.”
- Pacific Union College, Sexual Harassment Training, Angwin, CA, Biennially, 2005 to present.
- Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Principal’s Conference, April 2010, “Childhood Sexual Abuse and Reporting Laws,” Pleasant Hill, CA.
- Pacific Union Conference Adventist Attorneys Association, Annual Conference, Berkeley, CA, October 2008, “Legal Issues Facing the Local Church and School.”
- Golden Hills School, In-Service Training, El Dorado Hills, CA, August 2007, “Sexual Harassment & Child Abuse Prevention.”
- Paramount Dental, Inc., Leadership Training, Sacramento, CA, March 2007, “Sexual Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace.”
- Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Principals Conference, Vacaville, CA, January 2007, “Sexual Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace and Student to Student Harassment.”
- Pacific Union Conference Adventists Attorneys Association, Annual Conference, Waikiki, HI, November 2006, “Elimination of Gender Bias in the Legal Profession.”
- Amazing Facts, leadership meeting for supervisory faculty and staff, Rocklin, CA, March 2006, “Assembly Bill 1825 and Sexual Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace.”
- West Indies Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Mid-Year Meetings, Mandeville, Jamaica, W.I., May 2005. “Fiduciary Duties of a Board Member of a Church Entity or Corporation and Avoiding Conflicts of Interest” and “Prevention and Notice of Child Abuse.”
- Pacific Union Conference, Principal’s Conference, Las Vegas, NV, April 2005, “Workplace Sexual Harassment and Student to Student Harassment” and “Child Abuse Prevention.”
- Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Principals Conference, Sacramento, CA, January 2004, “Harassment in the Workplace and Student to Student Harassment.”
- Golden Hills School, teachers in-service, El Dorado Hills, CA, October 2003, “Identifying and Preventing Child Abuse.”
- Southern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Risk Management Conference, Glendale, CA, March 2003, “Inappropriate Sexual Involvement with Parishioners.”
- Multiple in-service training seminars for various school clients on a variety of education law-related matters.